Thursday 6 January 2011

Final Task



Development and Planning

Equipment list 
  • Camera 
  • Tripod 
  • My actors 
  • Fake blood 
  • Ripped clothing 
Location & Time 
  • There will be many different locations where I will shot, some of these are: the school field, the school hallway, outside my house, the school toilets and also in the media studio. 
  • I started filming on the 24th of November and filmed over the duration of about 7 days. 
Shot-list  
I will us several different shots in my film but I will cut them up and us them more than once in the whole opening. These are the shots I am going to use:
  • Panning shot- round the field 
  • Medium close up- abandoned house
  • Medium close up- zombie 
  • Extreme close up- hands trying to close door 
  • Medium close up- back door of house 
  • Extreme close up- goalpost 
  • Medium close up- zombies legs 
Script 
There won't be much dialogue in my opening sequence, but one of my actors will do a voice over which will be played over the image of a zombie hand coming up a wall. My voice over goes as follows: 

Actor: Hello is anyone out there... Hello... Can anyone help me hello? Please 
(Then at the end of the sequence.) 
Actor: Hello?

Production schedule 


Monday 15-11
Thursday 18-11
Monday 22-11
Thursday 25-11
Monday 29-11
Thursday 02-12
Monday 06-12
Thursday 09-12
Monday 13-12 




These are the lessons that I have left until the deadline which is on Monday 13th December 2010. I will start shooting my opening on Monday the 15th of November and will shoot a over the duration of a week and a half so I will aim to have finished shooting by Thursday the 25th of November and then I will have plenty of time to edit my piece. If I do fall behind and end up getting behind on shooting my film then I can catch up by shooting in between lessons. I will end editing hopefully by the deadline day or before. If I don't finish editing before deadline day then I will work everyday to finish my piece. 


Storyboard 


My storyboard with post-it notes (which show more detail about the shots.) 
Normal storyboard with caption drawings. 




9 comments:

  1. I like the effect at the beguinning showing the field and the colour changing, as if the field is 'bleeding' in colour.
    I also like the timings of the titles and shots with the music, to make it more exciting and create suspence to myself (the viewer)
    The way that not alot of identity is revealed, only things like hands, feet, legs...etc create alot of suspence because you don't get a chance to see what is going on and who/what it is!
    I also like the variety of shots used, such as close ups, wide shots...etc and the use of dialogue to make the viewer feel alot more scared
    This particular film opening would definitly encourage me to continue to watch the film and see what happens.
    The only thing i can critisise on is that there could be a little more insight to the 'zombies' them selves, such as showing shots which make the viewer feel more scared and threatened, such as a point of view shot of a zombie chasing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound and pace of your opening it really helps create tension and the simply titles don't pull your attention away from what is going on. You have used effects very well, you have used some great editing techniques and this helps to match your zombie theme to the story line of the opening,

    the only point i would make that isn't particularly good is the random hand coming up from the wall, it is a great shot which helps create suspense and tension i just dont feel as the viewer that it links to what is going on

    great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the effect at the beginning of the colours changing, i feel that this is a simple but still effective technique as well as making it look good and professional. I also really like the pace of the music as it is very fast, helping to create a lot of tension. I really like how there are many short clips that are all put together to create the storyline. Also how the lighting is used to create a very fast and scary effect.
    However the only criticism i have is that the storyline itself isn't very clear as to what exactly is going on.
    Overall i think that this opening sequence works well and the negative effects on the camera work well to create the fast pace and the scariness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the effects you have used to the clips and the shots are really good and add a lot to the tension and mystery you feel when watching this opening.
    the music is really good with the beat it has its almost like a running track as it is speedy.
    the small clips put together with the music is really good and makes you almost scared.

    The only criticism i do have is that there could have been some more shots of zombies and the blood and gore that go with them
    other that it is a really good opening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey jack :)
    i like this opening purely because the clips fit in time with the music which does add good tension. I like the different effects you've used in some clips where they've changed to a negative effect to make it seem supernatural. i think there was good effect in the voice where the girl seems scared and frightened and that is put across well in her voice. also the hand over the wall is a good effect as it includes the viewers by reaching out towards them slightly. the titles used are produced in a good clear way easily to understand. The part at the end with the legs makes me want to watch more. The only improvements i could see is that i don't really understand the sequence but it seems like a montage as the build up to what happens and i can imagine seeing what happens after the title.
    other than that i would watch the rest of the this film :)
    good work there jack :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like the music you have used at the beginning and the pan across the empty field gives us the feeling of an apocalypse because there is no-one around.
    i like the light affect on the door with the blood on it and how it cuts to the titles i think it works very well.
    it keeps my attention because it cuts to so many shots but it gives us enough time to see what is going on. i like the edits you have used on the persons hand trying to open the door it is all very apocalyptic creating tension.

    i think my only criticism is that there could have been more blood and gore as it is about zombies. other than that i think it is really good and it was very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Like the use of the negative effct because it gives it more of an mysterious feeling to wards the film. Also i thought the timing of the background music went well with the text embedded and had good timing.

    I Love the way jack used imagery to create tension like the close up shots of the hand on the door and he different size poles.

    One thing I think jack could improve was making the scene where the actor was opening the door more cleare

    But Overall Well Done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you use of effects and the music goes really well. It builds really good tension. The voice over is really good to, i was on the edge of my seat. But, overall and very good piece of opening sequence! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really good jack, you have used a range of both interesting and very effective effects they have worked really well. I think the voice over was effective of the voice. You have used a good range of shots. I also think the music worked really well especially when it changes when the first bit of talking starts. however the only critism i can think of would be the very ending is very abrupt maybe you could have dragged it out a little longer i.e the music and an effect as you still had a whole minute. Well done jack, you've worked really hard!

    ReplyDelete