Saturday 15 January 2011

Film Evaluation 7.

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


When creating a prelim task we had to add a 180 degree shot, match on action and an over the shoulder shot. By doing this exercise it gave me a better understanding of shots and angles. I tried to portray this understanding through my opening sequence. The problem was that since I was only adding in short clips throughout the opening it would be hard to include these shots also what made it hard was that my opening sequence would only have one character in it and there identity wouldn't be relieved. Doing the prelim task though did give me the idea of the doing my panning shot at the beginning of my opening sequence. By doing it in my prelim task I noticed that it was a good way of showing the location to the viewer and it worked well in my opening sequence.

 
Another technique that I picked up from the prelim task was by how going in and out of focus can give a shot more depth and can make a boring shot more interesting. I did this in our prelim as an experiment to see if it worked and it did so we added it in. I then did the same when I was shooting my opening sequence because it worked well in the prelim task.




No comments:

Post a Comment