Tuesday 11 January 2011

Film Evaluation 2.

 How does your media represent particular social groups?




When finding a character that is similar to my main character in my sequence I didn't have many options to pick from. Most zombie movies are similar in plot by this I mean that they have one central character who struggles to survive through the film. My plot is similar to this by having one main central character and I have compared my character to the Jim character from 28 days later.

Similarities 
  • Both characters are in the same position, being surrounded by zombies and not knowing what to do next. 
  • They are both similar in the sense that they both on there own at the beginning and have no one to turn to. They both most fight there way out of the situation they are in and they both want to find someone to accompany them. 
  • They both are feeling similar emotions because they have no one to turn and there whole world has been turned upside down because all there family and friends are now dead. 
  • They are both set in the same surroundings, both stories are set in England and around the London area.    
Differences 
  • The main difference between these two characters are that Jim from 28 Days Later is male and my character even though you don't actually see her face you her a female voice. This suggests that she is female. 
  • There is also a difference in story plots between the two opening sequences. In 28 Days Later Jim wakes up from a coma to find that the world has ended and everyone has been turned into zombies. But in my opening sequence my character is aware of the apocalypse and is trying to survive through it. 
Art of the title link for Dawn of the Dead: 
http://www.artofthetitle.com/2008/06/30/dawn-of-the-dead/

No comments:

Post a Comment